When you become a member of MOCHE, you also become member of NCHE. In addition to the satisfaction of helping to promote history education, you will:
- Receive discounted rates to the Annual Best Practices in History Education Conference
- Receive MOCHE's Monthly newsletter directly to your inbox, updating you on the what's happening around the state regarding history education
- Receive NCHE's newsletter History Matters! published digitally ten times per year.
- Become a member of the Time Travelers Network. Time Travelers receive special consideration from historical societies, sites and museums around the country.
- Have access to the NCHE Career Center which allows members the ability to create an employment profile and to search and be searched out by jobs related to their discipline.
- Be entitled to a member discount on the NCHE Conference.
- Discounted admission to museums and historic sites nationwide along with special discounts from publishers.
- Access to the Members-Only section of our website, containing archives of downloadable NCHE publications, including our popular Building a History Curriculum guides.
Members may access the NCHE Occasional Paper Archive.
- The Nature of Contemporary History
- America's Maritime History
- Educating Democracy--Are We Up To It?
- Sculpture and Public History
- History and Teachers Matter
- Why and How Should History Departments Prepare Secondary Social Studies Teachers?
- The Power of Political Cartoons in Teaching History
- Enlarging the Profession--Scholars Teaching History Open Letter
- Advancing History Education in American Schools--A Symposium, Pt. 3
- Advancing History Education in American Schools--A Symposium, Pt. 2
- Advancing History Education in American Schools--A Symposium, Pt. 1
- How the Future of History Connects with Museums
- Seamless Subjects, Seamless Reform
- American History since 1945--A Framework for Periodization
- Historical Literature and Democratic Education
- History's Vital Themes and Narratives
Members also receive special consideration from these sustaining contributors: